When selling a property, it is important to choose the right real estate agent. An experienced real estate agent that is great at marketing can help you get the best price for your property, help navigate you through the whole process, and make the entire process seamless. However, with so many real estate agents to choose from, how do you know which one to choose?
Not all real estate agents are the same
When looking for a real estate agent, you should ask them questions about their background and qualifications as well as their business practices. You can easily find this information on their website or by asking them directly what they specialize in and how they plan on selling your home. For example, if you are selling an old house that needs some work done before it’s put onto the market, then you would want to hire an agent who specializes in homes like yours that need work.
You should also take into account an agent’s commission rate. Some real estate agents charge a percentage of the sale price while others may charge a flat fee, like Sell Street Real Estate Advisors.
Interview prospective real estate agents
Once you have narrowed down your list of candidates, it is best to interview them in person. During the interview, you should ask them questions about their experience and what they think are the best ways to market your home.
You should also ask them how they plan on communicating with you during the sale process. Will they be available 24/7 or only during certain hours? And, lastly, be sure to get references from past clients.
Choosing the right real estate agent can make all the difference when selling your home. By asking the right questions and doing your research, you can be sure to find the best agent for the job.
Choosing the right real estate agent can be tricky, but following these tips will help make the process.
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations. They may have had a good experience with a real estate agent and can recommend them to you.
- Read reviews online. Checking out online reviews can be a good way to get an idea of how an agent works and what their past clients have to say about them.
- Check out the real estate agent’s website and read their bio. This will give you an idea of their experience, what kind of properties they usually sell, and most importantly their marketing talent.
- Meet with the real estate agent in person. This will give you a chance to ask them questions and see if you are comfortable working with them. Be
- Get quotes from different real estate agents. This will help you compare prices and services offered.
- Do they curated buyers list. A real estate agent who has their own buyers list will have access to more potential buyers than real estate agents who don’t.
- Do they offer real estate photography services. Photographing your property is an important step in selling it and real estate photographers can capture the best photos of your home which you might not be able to do yourself.
- Do they offer 3D virtual tours? A real estate agent who offers 3D virtual tours can help potential buyers “virtually” tour your property from the comfort of their own home, this is especially important in the “age of pandemics”.
- Do they offer video and drone footage? Video will likely to increase your property’s exposure among potential buyers, especially because it can be used to promote the property on social media sites.
- Do they have an in-house marketing team? A real estate agent with their own in-house marketing team can help put together a comprehensive strategy to market your property which might be beyond what you are able to do on your own.
- Make sure the real estate agent is licensed and insured. This is a no brainer. To make sure a real estate agent is licensed in Florida visit: MyFloridaLicense.com
The Bottom line, when choosing a real estate agent, it is important to consider the services they offer, their experience, and how well they know the market. Doing your research ahead of time will help make the decision easier and ensure you are getting the best service possible.
Now that you know how to go about hiring a real estate agent, it’s time to get started on the search. Use the tips above to help you find the best agent for the job. Good luck!